Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Straight hair help please? first time straightening??

have very fine(thin) dark brown wavy hair.and theyre just 2 inches past my shoulder.they're thin and a bit dry.



i wanted them straight so i got this hair straightener. its satinliner from braun.



i've used it only on my front hair and it seemed to work well.



but i read in a few places that we're supposed to use a hair styling and protecting cream before straightening it.



1.)so, which one should i use?



the options i have are- sunsilk, pantene, vo5(styling and nourishing), and garnier fructis.



2.)also, whats better-leave in conditioner(does it protect hair)? or the creams?



3.)what do u put in ur hair to help in straightening and protecting it?



Straight hair help please? first time straightening??

I've never used products when straightening my hair, but Garnier and VO5 are pretty good hair care lines. And as the creams or leave-in conditioners go, I'd go with the leave-in conditioner because there's more nutrients and things than there is in the creams. The creams are just quick fixes if you need it.



Hope this helps =]



Straight hair help please? first time straightening??

ive been straightening my hair for a wile and havnt used and products and my hair is fine..



Straight hair help please? first time straightening??

I use the V05 miracle mist and it conditions and protects my hair and it makes the style last longer. I love it! I dont really use leave-in conditioner but its suppossed to help with dry hair. The creams will help too. I use the sunsilk straightening products.



Straight hair help please? first time straightening??

I straighten every day (or every other day) and the best ive found is Matrix Sleek Look (big orange bottles). They make shampoo, conditioner, heat-protection creams and sprays, water-free hairspray, etc. Its pretty expensive but it works the best. It definately keeps my hair soft and healthy and straight all day long. Look into it, its definately worth it.



Straight hair help please? first time straightening??

1. Use Herbal essences. it is in a purple bottle, I always use it.



2. Use Dove hair stuff. There is a blue bottle that restores your hair after using heat. There is also Dove shampoo and conditioner for that. The blue bottle is a weightless spray and it is not hairspray!



3 All of the things I mentioned.



Straight hair help please? first time straightening??

ive been straightening my hair for 3 years and i have a CHI iron. I have very thick hair, but to protect it i use a wax. the brand is called Artec Kiwi Products and you can get them in salons and online. There not just for colored hair, like they say so its ok to use. Get the wax. Its about $12 and it works WONDERS!!!



Straight hair help please? first time straightening??

Well... I straigthen my hair everyday!!



First I would by a straightening shampoo and conditioner the protects your ends. I use Garnier Fructis Long and Strong (the blue one), then after I wash it I put in a pomade, also by Garnier Fructis in the Long and Strong collection. Then I just blow dry as usual. After blowdrying I straighten my hair. The straightener you got sounds perfect! The secret is to straighten in layers and small sections. I have thick hair so I straighten my hair in four layers. Starting with the bottom layer, and straightening 2 inch sections at a time! (this sounds like it would take a while, but you get pretty fast at it. It only takes me 5 minutes to straighten all of my hair now!)



Then, once a month I use a deep conditioner in the shower, I bought it at a beauty supply store. You use it in the shower, leave it in for five minutes and then rinse it out, so it is not a leave in conditioner!!



Oh, and be sure to get regular trims... once every three months, this will help to keep your ends looking healthy!



Well.. that is it! It has worked for me for many years now!!



Straight hair help please? first time straightening??

I havent used any of the new heat shielding sprays. But for a leave in conditioner I use Thermasilk because it acts as both a conditioner and its heat activated. My hair is reallly curly so I usually have to blowdry it first and each piece that I have to do I spray Thermasilk on it. But other than that I dont use anything in my hair because it weighs it down or makes it greasy.



Straight hair help please? first time straightening??

Well I think you should use a hair mouisterizer and a leave in condtioner and maybe somthing that protects you hair from heat you can talk to a hair dresser and they can give you some things thats what I did and I have beautiful long strait hair



Straight hair help please? first time straightening??

i have been straightening my hair for a whgile and i use no products and its great



Straight hair help please? first time straightening??

well i have been straightening my hair for a while and my hair seems to be fine but sometimes i use fructis leave in conditioner cream or beyond zone heat protection spray

1 comment:

  1. I agree with some of the ideas in this post, especially the care you need to take when you straighten your hair for the first time. Thermal protectors are a great help to keep the ghd straighteners from damaging your hair. I feel that without the use of thermal products and protectors you could be damaging your hair in the long-term.

    ReplyDelete