Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Poofy and frizzy hair...help?

yeah, i have really long poofy frizzy curly hair and the only thing that ever kind of works is my hair straightener..but when i go outside...it curls right back up from moisture and humidity...i need either some good advice on how to keep it straight..or to work with my curls...also..i'm getting a "new school year" hair cut soon...any suggestions on what would be a good style for my hair type? i'd really appriciate any tips =]



Poofy and frizzy hair...help?

Sunsilk De Frizz



Poofy and frizzy hair...help?

Hunny, Its impossible with the humidity,



Try mousing your hair,



After your shower Put mouse in your hair,



Scrunch, and blow dry.



Its more a beachy look too.



Good Luck!



Poofy and frizzy hair...help?

Yeah..... Same here.... *lol* I have tried to straighten my hair on humid days, and it just doesn't hold. Those days, I just let my hair go natural (curly).. Sometimes I use a little gel or mouse to help set the curls. Keep a spritz bottle w/plain water, and as your hair starts to frizz, give it a few sprays, it will tame the frizz.



VERY importantly, moisturize! Use a moisturizing shampoo (I love biolage, or bioterra - but pantene is good too), and deep condition ATLEAST once per week. I use aussie deeeep conditioner. It says leave in 3 minutes, but you can leave it in longer. Occasionally I leave it in for an hour or more - I just pin it up w/a clippy, and do stuff around the house in the meanwhile.



Good luck to ya! =)



Poofy and frizzy hair...help?

I had some serious out of control hair after treatment. tired John Frieda and everything silicone. It did not work Then I tried a Redken product called All Soft Silk Fuel. Absolutely the best product... and believe me, I tried them all!! Love the whole All Soft line. I also use Redken hair wax and Deep Shine by Rusk, both amazing stuff. But let me tell you. I don't know why kind of flat iron you are using, but buy a really good one, like Chi. My hair is REALLY frizzy and it flattens it right out and does not frizz up afterwords. The Chi costs about $100 at a beauty supply place and worth every penny. Good luck!!



Poofy and frizzy hair...help?

i have to same problem. my mom is a hairdresser and so is my sister and they suggested that the best hair straighter to get is something from a hair salon because it will protect your hair when you straighten it.



i wear my hair both straight and curly . when i straighten it i use a hair straightener and use a hair straightening shampoo. and when i just let my hair curl like it does naturally, i use a curl shampoo and then i put mousse on it when i am scrunching it to cause it to be more curly and not soooo frizzy. good luck



Poofy and frizzy hair...help?

try John Friedas Frizz ease it controls future frizz.



Poofy and frizzy hair...help?

I have very curly hair that frizzes so easily so I've tried just about every product out there. What works the best for me is Redken Smooth Down Products. I use the Smooth Down Shampoo, Butter Treat, Heat Glide, and anti-frizz serum. These products works well if you leave your hair curly or straighten it.



As for a new haircut, when you go to get it cut you can get to the appointment early and look through some books to see what you like. And I'm sure your hairstylist can suggest something depending on what you are looking for.



Poofy and frizzy hair...help?

Dont go out and buy anything expensive.



First: Purchase a mild Shampoo (To Clarify hair, I will explain why)



Second: TRIM your hair ends (May 1 1/2 to 2 inches)



Third: Here's the magic part: Mix olive oil, almond oil, coconut oil, avocado oil and a "little" honey, (honey u will have to heat so it can blend). Either leave on ALL day or all night (if all nite, DONT use honey)



Use a teaspoon of every oil and honey,.... a little more if ur hair is long or a little less if ur hair is short



Repeat this 3-4 times a week, your hair will grow like a weed, fortify, reconstruct, moisturize, soften %26amp; remove all frizz I promise,..... and it will be super shiny!!!!



The clairifying shampoo will help take the oil off your hair when u shower



You can also use a conditioner but get a light conditioner that wont wiegh ur hair down, becuz u can over condition, I use herbl essences "clean happy" conditioner.



When I do this at nite, I wake up, shampoo %26amp; condition, rinse and style as usual. Has worked for years



You can find olive oil anywere, but the other oils you will have to buy at a local organics store, wholes foods or BJ's health corner.



Source: http://www.myspace.com/creaturemermaid.....



Poofy and frizzy hair...help?

1. Shampoo %26amp; Conditoner Aveda Smooth Infusion



(The shampoo is most important because it is healthier for your hair and makes it less frizzy. it does not contain any sodium ingredients like your average shampoo. even bed head has sodium ingredients.)



2. Use a straightening lotion / cream.



i recommend Aveda Hang Straight or Pureology Straightening Balm



3. Blow Dry THOROUGHLY use a round brush with thick bristles and then run the flat iron through it.



(I recommend investing in a very nice hair dryer like Solano, and a nice straightener like the Chi. You can use all the products in the world, but this is perhaps the most important: having the right equipment.)



4. Use Finishing Gloss / serum. You can get Pantene, John Freida, Paul Mitchell or just about any type of gloss or serum will lock in shine and significantly reduce the frizz.



5. Finally, if you really want to lock it in and make extra sure that it will stay smooth, use a MEDIUM hold hairspray like Paul Mitchell's or Aveda's Air Control. This will definitely keep the frizz down.



Lastly, if all of this sounds like a bit too much to do (which i can imagine it would be very time-consuming if you have long hair) then I honestly would just recommend treating yourself to chemically straightening your hair.



* Go to a professional salon and make sure you consult someone who has had a LOT of experience with hair straightening. Despite what rumor might say about this process "ruining" your hair, it isnt any more damaging than getting a perm, or getting your hair bleached.



It's a bit pricey, but if done right, you just have to go every 6 months. You're hair stays silky, shiny and smooth ALL of the time! You take showers and can let your hair air dry without having to do anything to it and it will be completely straight and smooth.



For me, it costs around $250 every 6 months but I think it's well worth it. If your hair is really important to you, you'll spend it. And plus it will save your hair from being damaged by over blow-drying and straightening, and your hair will not suffer from heavy product use and buildup.



Poofy and frizzy hair...help?

http://www.gethairapy.com/products/



You need Sunsilk,



Try either or Both!



Blue ~ Anti-Poof



Green ~ De-Frizz

No comments:

Post a Comment