Saturday, August 1, 2009

Dry, Brittle Hair *HELP!*?

Im 15 yrs old %26amp; male



like my hair fairly long (just above shoulder length atm) %26amp; have always done so



Never had any problems with my hair b4, yet recently its become extremely dry and brittle. It used to be so smooth but now I can't seem to keep it under control without strands flicking up all over the place.



I recently purchased a hair straightener, used it once a day 4 a few weeks in the mornings 4 school, but since the holidays began I havent used it @ all. I suspect this may be what has caused the split ends although Ive known other people to use them with no trouble



Ive always been very wary of what I put on my hair as I suffer excezma and have always used Simple soaps and shampoos for my scalp



hoping 2 get a haircut soon, but I want my hair to be in the best condition possible b4 this. I am not intending to cut my hair shavershort, as I am keeping the long fringe, I know these problems will not disapear as soon as I have it cut so wat solutions can any1 offer?



Dry, Brittle Hair *HELP!*?

Hello,



Check the type of hair straightener you are using. If it's a cheaper one, please reconsider buying a new, better one. They're more expensive, but realllllly worth it. Your hair will look and feel better, and not damage as easily. The GHD straightener. Check it out here: http://www.ghdhair.com/



You'll also want to look into a deep conditioner to use once or twice a week. If you've never used conditioner AT ALL, there are gentle or "sensitive scalp" conditioners in stores that should not interfere with your eczema. If you dont use conditioner, this may also be why your hair is damaged.



When you straighten or blow dry your hair, you need to prepare it by spraying or rubbing in some heat-protectant spray or creme, otherwise you're setting yourself up for damaged, brittle hair. You said you want your hair to be in the best condition for the salon, but I recommend you go in as soon as possible before your split ends get worse. Just get a trim and get it styled how you want it. This way, you can ask the stylist about what products to use, and he/she will use some product on you when they style your hair. The sooner you go to get trimmed, the less split ends you'll need to cut off, which means you'll get to keep your hair long.



Hope this helps!



Dry, Brittle Hair *HELP!*?

moisturizing shampoo



reconstructer



deep conditioner



hot oil treatment,



leaving in conditioner



get them and use everytime you wash your hair



Dry, Brittle Hair *HELP!*?

well, straightening it without a heat protection spray can damage your hair, also, do you use any kind of conditioner?



buy some deep conditioner or a hair mask and let it sit in your damp hair for a half hour-hour 2 or 3 days a week. this will help rehydrate it



also, do you dry your hair with a hairdryer? that can also fry your hair...try letting it air dry, or atleast dry about 90% of the way and then use a hairdryer.



good luck!



Dry, Brittle Hair *HELP!*?

well if you use a mosturizing shampoo i think it will work or hydrition conditioner i had that problem and thats how i fixed it i hope it works! good luck!



Dry, Brittle Hair *HELP!*?

Using a flat iron once a day is too often. You are adding too much heat to your hair, and your hair can not stand the heat. Everyone's hair type is different, so just because it worked for one person does not mean that it will work for you. NO ONE should put heat in their hair everyday, it will damage your hair and give you split ends. Go to your local drugstore and pick up Sunsilk (Formerly Thermasilk), this is for all hair types, regardless your ethnicity. Grab the shampoo and the conditioner. After shampooing your hair, put in the conditioner and sit under the hair dryer or blow dry for about 10 minutes. This will deep condition your hair and make it smooth and silky without making it look dull and flat. Deep condition your hair at least once a week, even once it is back to life, and you will have fabulous hair!



Dry, Brittle Hair *HELP!*?

i'm not sure if this works for male hair but i wouldn't use pantene and herbal essences, because they don't reall y treat dry and frizzy hair, your hair feels good the next day after you use it, but that's only indoors. once you go outside when it's hot and where there is a lot of moisture in the air your hair becomes a huge mess....trust me i experienced this.



p.s i did hear good things about sunsilk and garnier =)



Dry, Brittle Hair *HELP!*?

I had same problem, My hair was pretty long (a lil past half back) and I would straighten it every day for school. noticed my hair was dry and brittle (at the end of the school yr) and had alot of split ends went the salon and got 5INCHES HACKED!



why soo much? I asked, stylist said my hair was badly damged bc of all the heating



she recomended I use Pantene Shampoo and conditioner and not use the striaghtner more than once a week and use a hairspray to protect my hair from the heating. I decided I was gonna give my hair a rest and wait until school started so i just keep my hair natural. My advice for you is not to wait to long b4 you go to a hairstylist you might consider using pantene shampoo and conditioner works really well. If your gonna continue to staighten your hair limit yourself to once a week with somthing protecting your hair.



Well good luck with your hair hun



hope I helped a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment